When it comes time to remodel the exterior of your home, it is important to consider the effects on the interior as well, especially when installing or replacing skylights. The interior design of a home is greatly affected by the amount of light and ventilation entering the enclosed space. Additionally, properly installed skylights can improve your home efficiency while lowering your electric bills. There is a sense of pride, satisfaction, and beauty that skylights extend into your physical living space…make your home magical!
With so many window and skylight options available, it is good to do your research. At Burr Roofing, Siding, & Windows we work mainly with VELUX. The VELUX company was started over 75 years ago and is still driven by a passion for better living environments. They acknowledge that our need for sustainable living is higher than ever before, while making efforts to show the public that this goal is possible to reach.
VELUX offers a wide variety of skylights to best fit your wants and needs:
- VELUX Fixed Skylights – built to install directly into the roof deck. Fixed skylights do not open or close, instead they act as a source of natural light to brighten dark spaces. These skylights are perfect for hallways and stairwells.
- VELUX Manual “Fresh Air” Skylights – built to install directly into the roof deck or curb mount. These skylights do open to let in fresh air and warm sunlight. This model allows humid air to be released; a huge benefit for the moisture balance of your home. The manual system opens and closes easily with VELUX control rods when installed in high ceilings. There is also a turning handle available for installs that are within reach.
- VELUX Solar Powered “Fresh Air” Skylights – this technology is quite impressive, featuring a solar panel to capture any available daylight. This system charges a highly efficient, concealed battery powered operator and control system, allowing you to open and close your skylight with one touch of a screen. Additionally, there are rain sensors that close the skylight in the event of inclement weather. Choosing to install this product also makes you eligible for a 30% Federal Tax credit!
- VELUX Electric “Fresh Air” Skylight – built for curb and deck mount installations. This skylight opens and closes with a touch of a button, making it the perfect source of natural light. A built-in rain sensor will automatically close the skylight if it starts to rain unexpectedly.
- VELUX Energy Performance Model Skylight – this model is the most energy-conscious skylight. The design allows for plenty of natural light, coupled with blind control; letting you choose how much light you want throughout the day. Choosing to install this model makes you eligible for a 30% Federal Tax credit!
The thought of cutting a hole in your roof may be daunting. Thankfully, the installers at Burr Roofing, Siding, & Windows are experts in this field. In fact, we are qualified as a “VELUX Certified Skylight Installer”, ensuring that you will receive the best experience possible. Call us today at (203) 345-1333 to schedule a free estimate for skylight installation!