Remodeling your home brings so many possibilities. When it comes times to order your new windows, there are multiple styles to choose from, which can get overwhelming. But don't fear...Burr Roofing, Siding, & Windows is here to keep you in the loop!
Here is some additional information to help you decide which window style is best for your home –
- Awning windows feature a top hinge and open outward. Your replacement awning windows will generally allow less air leakage. Why? The sash closes by pressing against the window frame, while the screens are placed on the interior of the window frame.
- Bay windows are generally comprised of three or more windows. A unique look is achieved by projecting the side units out from the exterior in 30, 45, or 90-degree angles. For your replacement bay windows, you can elect individual windows to operate or stay stationary. You may even choose to make your center window stationary while the two side units operate as double hung or casement windows.
- Casement windows are based on a side hinge design. Casement windows come with many benefits; decreased air leakage, a sash that closes by pressing into the frame, and screens that are placed on the interior. Additionally, because casement windows project outward, the home receives better ventilation than with sliders of similar size.
- Double hung windows feature the ability to slide each sash vertically. You can control the level of ventilation, ranging from a small opening, to one half of the total glass dimension. Additionally, with double hung replacement windows, you have the option of placing a screen on the exterior of the window frame. Double hung windows also come with a tilt-in feature to allow for carefree cleaning.
- Gliding windows allows homeowners to slide both sashes horizontally. Benefits are similar to double hung windows; ventilation area can be manipulated, and screens can be placed on both the interior and exterior of the unit.
- Picture windows have the most basic style. The term typically alludes to windows that are inoperable or non-venting.
The experts at Burr Roofing, Siding, & Windows are certified installer of Integrity Windows & Doors, by Marvin. This company manufactures each of the mentioned styles in many colors, with various hardware choices. You also have several options for grill patterns; additionally, you will choose between simulated divided lite with or without a spacer bar. The addition of a spacer bar provides the look of authentic divided lite. If you choose windows without a spacer bar, the grill patterns will simply be adhered to the outside of the interior and exterior glass; this choice is purely aesthetic.
Whether you need new construction or replacement windows Burr Roofing, Siding, & Windows has your back! We are here to provide you with any additional information you may need, guiding you in the right direction for your home. Call today for a free window estimate!