Siding Installation & Replacement in Westport, Darien & Surrounding Areas
Quality products & expert installation for a superior home exterior
The right material, the right benefits. All of our siding materials are designed with a specific purpose in mind. We can help you choose the best option for maintenance, durability, cost and appearance.
Deciding what type of home siding is right for you is a bit like shopping for a new car. There are many options to choose from. You select the make and model you prefer based on your driving needs, i.e. performance, mileage, etc. The same is true when considering your siding options!
You will need to consider the style of your home and those in your neighborhood. What color will enhance the beauty of your home? Given the local climate, how long will the siding last? Is it difficult to maintain? And, of course, what options can you afford? Below is a library of information to help you learn more about the products available.
Burr Roofing, Siding, & Windows are your local experts for quality siding installation in Greater Fairfield, Litchfield, New Haven, and Middlesex Counties! We work with a variety of siding materials, and we can help you choose the best fit for your needs. Call us today for a free estimate in Norwalk, Westport, Darien and the nearby areas!
Siding Before and After Photo
This homeowner was looking for a low-maintenance siding to withstand the elements. We suggested James Hardie fiber cement siding for its durability and aesthetic value. After giving an estimate, we installed 6 1/4" Cedarmill HardiePlank in Monterey Taupe, paired with Arctic White HardieTrim. Now, this home is well protected and beautiful!
Your home is worth protecting. Old siding leaves your house open to damage from all sorts of weather. Our expert inspectors can give you an estimate to replace your siding with fiber cement that will withstand the elements and outperform the other materials on the market. Our experienced crew did a wonderful job remodeling this home with 6 1/4" James Hardie Cedarmill Clapboard in Light Mist. We additionally built a custom portico to create a more welcoming entryway.
This exterior remodel features 6 ¼” Cedarmill HardiePlank in Woodland Cream, Arctic White HardieTrim, Weathered Wood Landmark Pro Roof Replacement, and Seamless White Gutter Installation.
Old siding leaves potential for water damage and wood rot to enter your house. There are many outdated materials out there for siding. That is why this homeowner chose 5" James Hardie HardieShingle in Sail Cloth with Arctic White Trim for their home. Our inspector gave a full estimate and our crew installed the siding that would out perform anything that was previously on the house!
This homeowner was looking for a low-maintenance exterior to update his home. After giving an estimate, we installed 8 1/4" Cedarmill HardiePlank in Autumn Tan to compliment the color of the preexisting brick. We also installed Arctic White HardieTrim and corner boards to finish the look.
The original siding on this Stamford home was old cedar shingle that was cracking and damaged, in many areas. The homeowners wanted a siding material that could hold its finish, while being low-maintenance. James Hardie fiber cement siding was the perfect solution. We installed 6 1/4" Cedarmill HardieLap in Sandstone Beige, HardieTrim window casings, and HardieTrim corner boards. We also installed a vinyl bead board soffit on the front porch and finished the job with all new seamless white gutters and leaders.
High-quality siding options that combine beauty & durability
At Burr Roofing, Siding, & Windows, we offer multiple siding materials including traditional and maintenance-free solutions that will increase the beauty and value of your home. We use the best siding products from leading manufacturers. Take a look below at the major benefits of the different siding materials that we offer. Our siding specialists can help you choose the best option for your home.
- Delivers durability & resistance to extreme weather
- Gives the look of wood siding without the cost or maintenance
- Won't split, peel or rot
- Resistant to fading
- Never needs to be painted, stained or scraped
- Wide range of colors & textures to choose from
Fiber Cement Siding
- Available in a wide range of colors & styles
- Designed to resemble conventional siding materials like cedar shingles, wood & stucco
- Resistant against fire, wind, termites & rot
- Durability of material reduces maintenance costs
- Can be primed & painted
Stone Veneer & Brick Veneer Siding
- Provides a realistic look of traditional brick & stone
- Low-maintenance siding option
- Cost-effective alternative to real brick & stone
- Brick veneer siding is durable & fireproof
- Faster & easier to install than real stone & break
- Provides a beautiful, unique, timeless look
- Naturally water resistant
- Provides resistance against decay & insects
- Siding can be treated with stains & finishes
- Cedar is an environmentally-friendly material
Factors to consider when updating your siding
There are several key things to be aware of if you're deciding whether or not to replace your siding. These factors include:
- Type: The type of siding you have is of the utmost importance. We do not recommend painting vinyl because of its extreme level of contraction/expansion and its flexibility. Bumping up against it will bend the vinyl, which may cause the paint to crack. Vinyl also has a tendency to warp over time, which will affect paint adhesion. Aluminum and steel surfaces are easily paintable. We recommend painting if you do not like the color, the color has faded, the surface has chalked or there are sections on the house that have been replaced and do not match the color of the rest of the house.
Stucco and other masonry surfaces are also very paintable. We recommend painting if your stucco is stained and cannot be cleaned with a good powerwash. Wood and hardboard composites: These surfaces are also very paintable. Wood surfaces should be painted. These surfaces need to be protected from the elements in order for them to remain healthy.
- Age: If your wood siding is very old and has multiple layers of paint on it, it may be better to re-side. Look at the back of a peeling paint chip. Is there a layer of wood grain evident on the back of the chip? Does your thumbnail easily indent the wood when you apply some pressure? If so, then it is probably time to re-side. Is your stucco crumbling? It is definitely time to re-side.
- Condition: Has your stucco been painted and is peeling badly? The preparation during the first coat or two of paint was improper and either stripping all the layers of paint or re-siding is your only recourse. Is your wood rotted? Is your hardboard warping or buckling? Then it is definitely time to re-side.
- Length of stay: This certainly is a key factor in your decision-making process. This is a judgment call that is completely dependent on the above three factors. Your realtor and/or your siding professional can help lead you down the correct path.
- Cost-benefit analysis: Again, this is a judgment best left to you and/or your realtor. Weigh the cost of the project and compare it to the value it will add to your house (both in appreciation value and in the pleasure it will give you while living there).
Upgrade your home's siding today!
If you're ready to improve your home's appearance and energy efficiency with new siding installation, call the local experts at Burr Roofing, Siding, & Windows today! We will help you choose from a variety of siding options and give you a quality installation.
Call us today at 1-844-462-0798 or contact us online to get a free estimate on siding installation for your home. We offer all our siding services in Norwalk, Westport, Darien, Branford, Old Saybrook, Stamford, New Haven, Fairfield, Greenwich, Danbury and throughout the surrounding areas.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.