Siding Installation & Replacement Contractor in Connecticut
Quality products & expert installation in Westport, Norwalk, and nearby
The right material, the right benefits. All of our siding materials are designed with a specific purpose in mind. We can help you choose the best option for maintenance, durability, cost and appearance.
Deciding what type of home siding is right for you is a bit like shopping for a new car. There are many options to choose from. You select the make and model you prefer based on your driving needs, i.e. performance, mileage, etc. The same is true when considering your siding options!
You will need to consider the style of your home and those in your neighborhood. What color will enhance the beauty of your home? Given the local climate, how long will the siding last? Is it difficult to maintain? And, of course, what options can you afford? Below is a library of information to help you learn more about the products available.
Burr Roofing, Siding, & Windows are your local experts for quality siding installation in Greater Fairfield, Litchfield, New Haven, and Middlesex Counties! We work with a variety of siding materials, and we can help you choose the best fit for your needs. Call us today for a free estimate in Norwalk, Westport, Darien and the nearby areas!
Siding Before and After Photo
The expert team at Burr Roofing, Siding, & Windows tore off all original cedar siding to install 6" exposure Smooth HardiePlank in Navajo Beige, paired with AZEK trim. The original siding on the home was cracking extensively and was bound to worsen over time. Due to its' age, the paint was peeling severely and would not hold another layer of paint. Thankfully, this homeowner made the right investment in James Hardie fiber cement siding which does not need to be painted every 3-5 years like cedar. Instead, the ColorPlus Technology developed by Hardie allows the color to be baked onto the board during manufacturing. This makes for a low-maintenance, high-aesthetic exterior.
This homeowner was looking for a low-maintenance siding to withstand the elements. We suggested James Hardie fiber cement siding for its durability and aesthetic value. After giving an estimate, we installed 6 1/4" Cedarmill HardiePlank in Monterey Taupe, paired with Arctic White HardieTrim. Now, this home is well protected and beautiful!
This homeowner in Greenwich, CT chose James Hardie 7" exposure individual shingle in Pearl Grey, complimented by Arctic White Hardie Trim. Our expert roofing team also replaced the existing roof with CertainTeed Landmark Pro shingles in Driftwood, giving this home a completely updated look. Since beauty is in the details we also replaced the old deck and railing with AZEK Building Products Vintage Mahogany and Premier PVC, and added fly rafters to the rakes of this home. Fly rafters add thicker shadow lines to giving this home a richer look. We also built a small portico on the back entrance as well as the door to the laundry room in the front of the house, adding more dimension to this home. Lastly, we installed a beautiful hip roof over the garage doors. These additions gave the home character and just the right amount of detail for curb appeal!
When Burr Roofing, Siding, & Windows first saw this home, it was obvious that the existing cedar siding was failing. Like many houses with wood painted siding, there were multiple areas where paint was peeling. Thankfully, James Hardie fiber cement siding is "painted" using Hardie's in-factory ColorPlus Technology system. This means that Hardie boards do not need paint touch-ups every 3-5 years like traditional cedar siding, instead the color is baked onto the board. These Greenwich homeowners saw the obvious value that comes with investing in Hardie. Soon enough, Burr's expert crews installed 6" exposure Artisan styled smooth Arctic White Hardie board. Hardie's Artisan style is thicker than the traditional clapboard, creating deep shadow lines. We also installed 24 different Marvin windows throughout the house with black exterior, adding contrast to the overall look. Another great addition was the dramatic front portico, making the entryway welcoming and beautiful; the copper really makes it pop!
Your home is worth protecting. Old siding leaves your house open to damage from all sorts of weather. Our expert inspectors can give you an estimate to replace your siding with fiber cement that will withstand the elements and outperform the other materials on the market. Our experienced crew did a wonderful job remodeling this home with 6 1/4" James Hardie Cedarmill Clapboard in Light Mist. We additionally built a custom portico to create a more welcoming entryway.
Old siding leaves potential for water damage and wood rot to enter your house. There are many outdated materials out there for siding. That is why this homeowner chose 5" James Hardie HardieShingle in Sail Cloth with Arctic White Trim for their home. Our inspector gave a full estimate and our crew installed the siding that would out perform anything that was previously on the house!
High-quality siding options that combine the best in beauty & durability
At Burr Roofing, Siding, & Windows, we offer multiple siding materials including traditional and maintenance-free solutions that will increase the beauty and value of your home. We use the best siding products from leading manufacturers. Take a look below at the major benefits of the different siding materials that we offer. Our siding specialists can help you choose the best option for your home.
- Delivers durability & resistance to extreme weather
- Gives the look of wood siding without the cost or maintenance
- Won't split, peel or rot
- Resistant to fading
- Never needs to be painted, stained or scraped
- Wide range of colors & textures to choose from
Fiber Cement Siding
- Available in a wide range of colors & styles
- Designed to resemble conventional siding materials like cedar shingles, wood & stucco
- Resistant against fire, wind, termites & rot
- Durability of material reduces maintenance costs
- Can be primed & painted
Stone Veneer & Brick Veneer Siding
- Provides a realistic look of traditional brick & stone
- Low-maintenance siding option
- Cost-effective alternative to real brick & stone
- Brick veneer siding is durable & fireproof
- Faster & easier to install than real stone & break
- Provides a beautiful, unique, timeless look
- Naturally water resistant
- Provides resistance against decay & insects
- Siding can be treated with stains & finishes
- Cedar is an environmentally-friendly material
Factors to consider when updating your siding
There are several key things to be aware of if you're deciding whether or not to replace your siding. These factors include:
- Type: The type of siding you have is of the utmost importance. We do not recommend painting vinyl because of its extreme level of contraction/expansion and its flexibility. Bumping up against it will bend the vinyl, which may cause the paint to crack. Vinyl also has a tendency to warp over time, which will affect paint adhesion. Aluminum and steel surfaces are easily paintable. We recommend painting if you do not like the color, the color has faded, the surface has chalked or there are sections on the house that have been replaced and do not match the color of the rest of the house.
Stucco and other masonry surfaces are also very paintable. We recommend painting if your stucco is stained and cannot be cleaned with a good powerwash. Wood and hardboard composites: These surfaces are also very paintable. Wood surfaces should be painted. These surfaces need to be protected from the elements in order for them to remain healthy.
- Age: If your wood siding is very old and has multiple layers of paint on it, it may be better to re-side. Look at the back of a peeling paint chip. Is there a layer of wood grain evident on the back of the chip? Does your thumbnail easily indent the wood when you apply some pressure? If so, then it is probably time to re-side. Is your stucco crumbling? It is definitely time to re-side.
- Condition: Has your stucco been painted and is peeling badly? The preparation during the first coat or two of paint was improper and either stripping all the layers of paint or re-siding is your only recourse. Is your wood rotted? Is your hardboard warping or buckling? Then it is definitely time to re-side.
- Length of stay: This certainly is a key factor in your decision-making process. This is a judgment call that is completely dependent on the above three factors. Your realtor and/or your siding professional can help lead you down the correct path.
- Cost-benefit analysis: Again, this is a judgment best left to you and/or your realtor. Weigh the cost of the project and compare it to the value it will add to your house (both in appreciation value and in the pleasure it will give you while living there).
"Burr restored our faith."
Mr. & Mrs. B. of New Canaan, CT
Burr restored our faith in how a good working relationship can positively impact a major renovation.
Mr. & Mrs. B.
New Canaan, CT
"I am very pleased by the work done here by Burr. You were responsive to my needs before, during and after the..."
Helen L. of New Canaan, CT
I am very pleased by the work done here by Burr. You were responsive to my needs before, during and after the job. You did everything we agreed needed to be done. I was satisfied with the price and value of the job, and the quality of your work. You started and completed the work on time…
New Canaan, CT
"We have been very happy with the work done and just contacted Burr again to install new skylights and to..."
Jason V. of Norwalk, CT
Highly recommended! Burr installed new Hardy siding on our home six months ago. We worked with Woody, who is very knowledgeable about siding and roofing and how Hardie should be installed. We have been very happy with the work done and just contacted Burr again to install new skylights and to replace a portion of our roof.
"His crews are top notch and very hard working."
Gill H. of Wilton, CT
We are very happy with the new siding, windows, doors and porticos installed in fall of 2016. Our house looks fantastic! Woody was very knowledgeable and his advice was invaluable to a great outcome. His crews are top notch and very hard working. Absolutely would recommend Burr.
"Woody and his crew did a fantastic make over on our home. They were professional, courteous, creative and fun..."
Jim & Jen L. of Fairfield, CT
Woody and his crew did a fantastic make over on our home. They were professional, courteous, creative and fun to work with. Not only did they do a great job siding our house with Hardie Board, they also installed windows, doors and created beautiful stonework. The end result was a group effort and we couldn't be happier. We would be happy to give glowing references to anyone who is thinking of using Burr in the future.
Jim & Jen L.
Upgrade your Connecticut home's siding today!
If you're ready to improve your home's appearance and energy efficiency with new siding installation, call your local expert contractors at Burr Roofing, Siding, & Windows today! We will help you choose from a variety of siding options and give you a quality installation.
Call us today at 1-844-665-0383 or contact us online to get a free estimate on siding installation for your home. We offer all our siding services in Norwalk, Westport, Darien, Branford, Old Saybrook, Stamford, New Haven, Fairfield, Greenwich, Danbury, and throughout the surrounding areas.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.